Purpose of test?
- As part of an early detection program for breast disease.
- Help in determining cause of pain.
- To define a previously diagnosed injury or condition.
- For the early detection of injury or disease.
- To follow progress of healing and rehabilitation.
- To provide objective evidence of pain and dysfunction.
Where is test performed?
- At a Healthy Body Thermography Clinic.
Who performs test?
- A Certified Clinical Thermographer.
Any risks or side effects?
- None at all. The procedure emits no radiation, is totally painless, and non-invasive.
Cost of test?
- $195 to $425, depending upon the screening performed.
- HBT takes VISA/MC/ Amex/Disc/personal checks.
How long does it take?
- Patient’s time for test: 15 to 30 minutes.
- Do not have physical therapy or massage on the same day of scan.
- Do not smoke for 2 hours before the test.
- Do not use lotions or liniments on day of test.
- Stay out of strong sunlight on day of test.
- No changes necessary to diet.
- No changes necessary to medicines.
- The procedure is totally non-invasive.
- The scanner does not emit radiation of any kind.
- Thermograms (images) can be taken of the whole body or just areas under investigation.
- You will need to remove clothing and jewelry from areas being scanned.
- Typically, you receive a PDF report in 3-5 days, complete with color images.
- Results are assessed and written by a Licensed MD Board, Certified in Thermography (thermologists).
- In most cases, there is no insurance rebate. Some clients take advantage of the flexible spending dollars in their health insurance policy.